Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR)
- Yachtmaster Ocean
- Yachtmaster Offshore
- Yachtmaster Coastal
- Day Skipper practical (tidal)
- Day Skipper practical (non-tidal) supported by Day Skipper shorebased
- Advanced Powerboat Course Completion Certificate (only if issued before 1st Jan 2005)
- Powerboat Advanced Certificate of Competence
- Powerboat level 2
During the course you will cover the legal framework that commercial operators need to adhere to – whatever vessel they work on. While we can’t teach the specific rules for every type of operation, the course will help you understand and execute your duty of care, and give you principles, guidance and techniques to help make the right choices and decisions.
The course is split into 4 sections:
- Commercial enviroment– showing how you fit into the professional maritime world
- People– explaining the importance of correct manning, keeping skills up to date and the safe management of commercial vessels
- Vessel– teaching about the compulsory carriage and maintenance of safety equipment, and how to create an implement risk control and operating procedures
- Purpose– making sure the vessel is suitable and legal for the work, obligations in protecting the environment, appropriate planning and situational awareness
At the end of these four training modules will come two online assessments.
HOW TO BOOK THE PPR COURSE
The course is run by Venice4Sea through the RYA eLearning website ryainteractive.org. An instructor will be on hand to help with queries during the course via email [email protected] or phone +39 041 2411842. To book this course please call the office on +39 041 2411842 who will set up an online account and register you for the PPR course on ryainteractive.org . Please note that the centre has to set up the account for you. When this is done you will be able to access the course here or from the email that will be sent to you.