Yachtmaster Offshore Exam
The RYA Yachtmaster Offshore exams, whether it is sail or motor cruising, provides you with a really coveted certificate of your knowledge and skills which is held in high regard worldwide and is certainly the first step for a professional career in the nautical industry.
Holding this qualification you are competent to skipper a sail or motor yacht on any passage during which the yacht is non more than 150 miles from harbour.
High standards are required for such qualification:
- 50 days at sea
- 5 days as a skipper
- 2500 miles half of which in tidal water
- 5 passages over 60 miles – of which – 2 overnight passages + 2 as a skipper
- VHFSRC Radio operator’s license
- First Aid Certificate
- Sea Survival Course Completion Certificate
- Satisfactory medical report
The exam is run by an independent, external Yachtmaster examiner who will task your ability as a skipper of an offshore sailing or motor yacht.